Rainbow Chicken Skewers
Colourful, vibrant and tasty, these plant-based Rainbow Chicken Skewers are bound to be a real crowd-pleaser!
If you’re entertaining, our plant-based Rainbow Chicken Skewers can be made in advance and simply grilled in the oven for an Insta-worthy meal.
Or else, throw a few skewers on the barbie for a plant-based twist on an iconic Aussie favourite.
Eat the rainbow
To prepare this recipe, start by choosing veggies with all the colours of the rainbow – including red, green and yellow capsicum.
Then, add your PlantAsia Roast Chicken, for an authentic flavour and mouthfeel that tastes just like the real deal.
PlantAsia Roast Chicken is made wheat protein and a clever combo of plant-based ingredients, which means it smells, cooks and tastes just like traditional chicken.
Carefully thread your veggies and chicken in an alternating rainbow pattern, until each skewer is at least two thirds full.
Don’t forget that our simple marinade recipe can be prepared in advance, and will add a little zest to this dish, thanks to a flavour-packed combination of lemon and oregano.
Once your skewers have been threaded, baste the lot with marinade, oven bake for twenty minutes, then serve and enjoy!
Tastes like chicken
PlantAsia Roast Chicken is perfect for creating a versatile range of tantalising plant-based recipes at home – simply swap traditional chicken meat for this delicious alternative.
This innovative plant-based protein offers the succulent taste of chicken that you know and love, whilst still being totally suitable for your vegan or vegetarian guests.
More and more people are adding plant-based food into their weekly routine, in order to eat a little less meat and dairy.
The PlantAsia range makes this easy – in addition to Roast Chicken, you can pick-up plant-based Roast Pork, Roast Duck or Prawns in store at selected Woolworths now.
PlantAsia Roast Chicken
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 red capsicum, seeds removed and cut into 2cm x 2cm pieces
- 1 green capsicum, seeds removed and cut into 2cm x 2cm pieces
- 1 yellow capsicum, seeds removed and cut into 2cm x 2cm pieces
- 1 red onion, skin removed and cut into 2cm x 2cm pieces
- 360g packet PlantAsia Roast Chicken, sliced into 2cm pieces
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven grill to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Soak approximately 20 kebab sticks in water.
- Thread each kebab stick with 1 piece of chicken, 1 piece each of red, green and yellow capsicum, and 1 piece of red onion, then repeat until each kebab is about ¾ filled. Place onto a baking tray and repeat with the remaining skewers until all of the vegetables and chicken have been used.
- Make the marinade by whisking together extra virgin olive oil, oregano, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and maple syrup.
- Brush the filled skewers with the marinade and place onto top rack in the oven to under grill and bake for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes remove from oven and turn each skewer. Return to top shelf of oven to grill for a further 10 minutes.