Steamed Chicken Dumplings
There’s nothing like homemade dumplings on a summer’s evening to keep the smile on your dial and the warmth in your belly. We guarantee this easy to make Vegan Chicken dumpling recipe will be going straight in your recipe books.
The flavour, the aromas, the nostalgia. What more could you want?
- Plantasia Roast Chicken, chopped finely
- 2cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Chinese rice wine
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup finely shredded wombok
- 20 gow gee pastry wrappers
- Chilli sauce or soy sauce
- Using your hands combine the mince, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, rice wine, chives and cabbage in a large bowl.
- Spoon 2 heaped teaspoons of the mince mixture on half of each wrapper and brush the edges with cold water.
- Fold the wrappers over to enclose the filling and pleat the edges together to seal. Place the dumplings on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Placing a large steamer lined with baking paper over a wok of simmering water, begin to cook the dumplings, covered, in batches.
- Serve with chilli sauce or soy sauce.